Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Curling

I'm afraid I don't understand the "sport" of "curling".

Last night I made the off-handed comment that curling was the only Olympic sport with a athlete smoking lounge. My sister in-law sternly rebuked me, insisting all "curlers" were true athletes in fine physical condition.

I'm sorry, but I retain my position that "curling" (so-called) is a sissy sport. First of all, the people who participate in in are called "curlers" which is also what women put in their hair (sissy).

In addition, they use brooms which they rub back and forth in front of the "curling stone".

I'm not sure what makes that sissy, but it is.

Lastly, it's mainly played by Canadians which, as we all know, are a bunch of pansy northerners who run around in beaver pelts and eat their own special kind of bacon.