Friday is the day we go in for the ultrasound and (hopefully) find out whether we're having a boy or a girl. I've already voiced my concerns about having a girl, but here's a quick list of the benefits to each gender as I see them:
BENEFITS TO HAVING A GIRL
- We'll have our bases covered - at least one of each
- I'd absolutely melt if I had a little girl
- Could bring balance to the testosterone that would be flowing through our household in the form of trucks, video games, dirt, etc. (This could also be a con.)
- If my sons are anything like me, the changes of accidents and serious injury are greatly reduced if it's a girl
BENEFITS TO HAVING A BOY
- It would be awesome for Jake to have a brother
- I can call them "my boys"
- My wife can call the three of us "her boys"
- Seasonally, Jake's clothes will match perfectly with what The Bun II will need and we'll save a small fortune on clothes that will only be worn maybe four or five times before they're outgrown
- No frilly stuff
Image courtesy of here.