Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Boy or girl? Vote now.


Friday is the day we go in for the ultrasound and (hopefully) find out whether we're having a boy or a girl. I've already voiced my concerns about having a girl, but here's a quick list of the benefits to each gender as I see them:

BENEFITS TO HAVING A GIRL
  • We'll have our bases covered - at least one of each
  • I'd absolutely melt if I had a little girl
  • Could bring balance to the testosterone that would be flowing through our household in the form of trucks, video games, dirt, etc. (This could also be a con.)
  • If my sons are anything like me, the changes of accidents and serious injury are greatly reduced if it's a girl

BENEFITS TO HAVING A BOY
  • It would be awesome for Jake to have a brother
  • I can call them "my boys"
  • My wife can call the three of us "her boys"
  • Seasonally, Jake's clothes will match perfectly with what The Bun II will need and we'll save a small fortune on clothes that will only be worn maybe four or five times before they're outgrown
  • No frilly stuff
What do you think we're having? Please vote on the poll that's in the upper-right corner of the site. Also, do you see any other pros or cons to having a boy or a girl? Leave word in the comments.

Image courtesy of here.