Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2007

11 year old bags 1,000 lb wild boar

According to this article in USA Today, this kid shot that boar while on a hunting trip.

"Jamison, who killed his first deer at age 5, was hunting with father Mike Stone and two guides in east Alabama on May 3 when he bagged Monster Pig. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot."

Who takes their FIVE YEAR OLD hunting?? And what kindergartner shoots a deer?? Did he bring the mounted head into show and tell?
I can see the whole thing in my head: He's wearing camo fatigues and a stained wife beater. His teacher looks nervous.

"I shot this here deer this weekend with my 30.06," he says as he spits tobacco into an empty beer can. "I wanted to use the scope, but my pa said scopes are for sissies and Yanks, so I done did it without."

Sad thing is, in Alabama he'd probably get extra credit for it. (Not for bringing the deer head in, but for shooting it without a scope.)

Isn't there some law that says you have to be at least a teenager before you wield a gun that can kill a 1,000 pound boar? Apparently not in the South.


P.S. What did you think of this post? Loved it? Loathed it? Leave me a comment!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the rest of my blog by clicking here.