Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Funnel cloud phobia

So my pictures of the funnel cloud made it on the news for channels 2, 4 and 13. I spoke to a couple of the anchors on the phone. One was asking me details about where the funnel was. Where was I when I saw it? Etc. etc. Fairly boring stuff, some of which I made up.

We were wrapping things up when my wife said with a grin, "You should tell her you were afraid for your life."

So I did.

"My wife said I should tell you I was afraid for me life."

We both kind of chuckled. I asked her if she would please mention the name of the blog and she said yes.

So we watched. She talked about how it wasn't an actual tornado, these things are fairly common this time of year yadda-yadda-yadda. Then she said, "I did speak to David on the phone and he said he was a little afraid when he saw it."

Obviously the woman doesn't understand sarcasm. While we all got a pretty good laugh out of it, but I still feel the need to clarify that I am not afraid of funnel clouds, nor any other type of cloud for that matter. In fact, I would say I'm a fan of clouds. Natch, I grew up in Oregon.

Oh yeah. And she didn't mention the blog.