Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A The Bun update

We had another ultrasound this week. Conclusion? He's healthy and still a "he". The due date has been set around May 11 which is 44 days from the time of this post.

That seems really soon.

I was talking with Ryan about the Bourne Ultimatum trailer which was released today. While doing so, I had a realization that I will have a son before the movie comes out.

Really, really soon.

We have a hand-me-down crib thanks to my in-laws. We put together a changing table this weekend which proved an interesting experience. However, that's about it for the nursery. There's still a long list of things we need to do before the little tyke shows up: see movies in the theater, spontaneously go out for ice cream, stay up late, sleep in, go on a random road trip, exercise, read and (in general) have some kind of private/personal life.

Do I have worries about having a kid? Of course. Who doesn't? If it was just me running the show you know he'd turn out pretty screwed up. Thankfully, I married the perfect woman and she'll counterbalance things enough so he may actually have a shot at life.

On a personal note, as I understand it, what little free time I am still clinging onto is gone for good. Well, not for good. Just for the next 18 years. It makes me slightly concerned about this blog, my journal, my sporadic trips to the gym, books yet to be read and the occasional Xbox 360 binge.

Though I suppose that's what being a parent is all about: sacrificing for your kids. And from what I've been told, it's totally worth it.