Pages

Saturday, March 03, 2007

A perfect weekend not to have Stake Conference

This is one of those weekends which would best be served by doing very little. However, Stake Conference kicked off tonight with a temple trip. A wonderful experience to be certain. (Really, when isn't it good to go to the temple?)

OK. Here's the thing. I just kind of don't want to have anything to do for a while.

I called in sick today because, well, I'm sick. I was looking forward to resting, reading and recuperating. Instead, I got up and shoveled snow. Then I went into work and concepted for a couple of hours. When I got home I had an e-mail from a co-worker with an article she desperately need me to edit. I gave it a shot and sent it back. Then I got ready and went to the temple.

So much for my sick day.

It would be great to have tomorrow to just...be. Not do. Be. To be a reader. To be a writer (NOT a copywriter). To be a husband. To be a photographer. To be rested.

This, however, is not to be. (Ha, ha.) It's stake conference. Any other weekend I would be considerably more excited about that fact. Like next weekend for example. But the combination of illness, fatigue and stress have left me wanting to do nothing more than spend time in my apartment.

I realize staying up until 12:30 in the morning writing about the situation doesn't help improve it much but us sufferers of hypergraphia gotta do what we gotta do.