Pages

Friday, January 25, 2008

Cloverfield: eh.


Just got back from seeing Cloverfield. The premise of the movie was interesting: something attacks New York and we see it from some individual's point of view as compared to jumping around from the military to the Oval Office to whoever. I liked the storytelling aspect of the way it was presented as well as the fact that they didn't use any well-known actors so it seemed a little more believable that it was a real, first-person account.

However...I dunno. I just wasn't on edge all that much. Maybe my expectations were too high. Maybe it had been built up too much. I can't put my finger on what didn't impress me, but overall it was mediocre.

I wouldn't recommend anyone go see it who wasn't planning to in the first place, but if you are planning on seeing it, see it on the big screen.

Oh yeah. And you've all seen this in the trailer, so what the heck is the deal with the Statue of Liberty's head? Isn't it supposed to be a lot bigger? As in, can't people go up and stand in it? In the movie it looked too small.