Pages

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Four things

I just got back from watching Stranger Than Fiction again. It's an excellent movie. If you haven't seen it, go see it. It's even at the dollar theater. Now you don't have any excuses. But I digress.

During the movie four things occurred to me to write down.

The first was that if you do a lot of extra work to get ready for a vacation, go on vacation, and then come back to a pile of work you need to get caught up on...well...that's not much of a vacation. If you're doing twice the work before and after, you're working the same amount of hours you would if you hadn't taken the vacation.

I can't remember the second thought.

I wished I'd had my notebook with me so I wouldn't have forgotten my second thought. That was my third thought.

My final thought centered around a conversation I had with a friend of mine lately. Recalling the conversation made me wonder: what is my first impression? That is to say, what are people's impressions of me when they first meet me? I think I'll write more about that but it'll be in my journal.

Go see Stranger Than Fiction. And bring your notebook.