Pages

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Disenchanted with Apple

I have to admit, I'm a bit miffed at Apple. You see, my beloved new iMac went kaput. We took it to the Apple Store last Monday hoping it was something as simple as bad RAM but secretly knowing the problem was larger. Indeed, a new "logic" board was needed. They placed the order that night for the part and said I should have my computer back within five days.

It's a bit frustrating to have a two month-old computer for which you laid down some serious cash require that kind of maintenance. But, hey, these things happen and the Geniuses at the Apple Store were kind and helpful to my wife. Fine.

Well, it's now been nine days and as far as I can tell from calling Apple Care they haven't even received the part yet, let alone started repairing my computer. What in the world is taking so long? Last night I realized that if I'd ordered a new computer they would have shipped it within 24 hours. Apple, I hate to say it but I think you're getting sloppy: first my new computer breaks down and I take it in to be repaired but, heck, you already have my money so why rush it?

Apple, if you can get a someone who's as hard-core an Apple fan as I am to get ticked off at you, you'd better be seriously worried about what everyone else thinks.