Pages

Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Macbook


It arrived. Actually, it arrived on Tuesday and I just haven't had time to write about my lustful desires until now.

The Macbook (yes, I believe I was the first one to publicly predict it would be called that) :) is the newest focus of my ever-changing technological covetousness. It is most definitely drool-worthy with its dual-core goodness, glossy display and unique, yet very enjoyable keyboard. Essentially, it's the perfect computer for a writer such as myself. I am a bit disappointed that it 1. doesn't have a dedicated graphics card and 2. comes with two 256 MB sticks from which to share with the integrated graphics. C'mon Apple! At least have the decency to give us one 512 stick so we can only have to buy one stick to make it an even gig!

Note to anyone reading this: never by RAM from Apple. They charge double what you can get it for elsewhere.

Regardless, I want to save up to by this (black?) beauty. Assuming I got it configured the way I wanted out of the box, it would run me a cool $1,848 plus tax. After my handy-dandy discount it'll come out to the bargain-basement price of $1,570.

One can dream...