Pages

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Conserving gas

With gas prices at an all-time high, I've decided to proactively try to conserve fuel by changing my driving habits. Not that I've ever been the tire-screetcching, red-lining kind of guy (although that's because I don't drive a BMW - yet), I figured I could tone it down a bit.

After a couple weeks of accelerating slower, shifting sooner and driving (closer to) the speed limit I found that I averaged about 30 mpg. Not too shabby. Whilest doing so, I also noticed another side effect: less stress.

Consciously driving slower has made me a much more patient and easy-going driver. I don't experience road rage (or my version of it) at all when I'm going easy on the gas. It makes for much more pleasant commute.

So there's one more reason to conserve gas.