Pages

Friday, March 31, 2006

Missing The Office

Last night I had a meeting that was, unfortunately, scheduled at 8:00. Alas, I was to miss a new episode of The Office. Fortunately, Apple is marvelous and I consoled myself in the point that I could download the episode this morning on iTunes and watch it on my iPod at the gym.

What, ho! I awake this morning and THE NEW EPISODE ISN'T AVAILABLE!

I mourned for a bit, and then the ol' brain started spinning. Why wasn't it available? What could cause such a fallacy?

Here are three theories:

1. Someone fell asleep at the wheel and it just didn't get done. The most likely scenario, but also the most boring.

2. B.J. Novak read my blog from yesterday, felt threatened, and retaliated.

3. Apple is planning on some kind of significant upgrade to their video content/distribution for their 30th Anniversary this weekend and are holding off on releasing anything new until it's launched.

Update: It was finally put up at about 10:00 this morning. (It was actually put on iTunes before I wrote this. But I needed to blog about something today.)