Pages

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I swear I just saw B.J. Novak



I was concepting with an art director across the street in a hotel lobby (we have to do that now since there isn't a concepting room here anymore) when, I could swear, B.J. Novak (the intern, Ryan, in The Office) walked out of the elevators and past us.

I instinctively did the "Hey, I recognize you from somewhere" head nod, but didn't realize at first who I was, or thought I was, looking at. I told a doubtful Ryan to take a look. He at least confirmed the incredible likeness.

What sealed the deal for me though was that when "B.J." walked out of the building, I noticed he was wearing a new Puma hat (and, as you can see from the picture, The Office gang recently signed an endorsement deal with Puma).

Granted, I have no idea what he would be doing in Salt Lake and at that specific hotel, but I'm pretty darn sure it was him.

What would I have done if he'd walked back toward the elevators instead of outside? Eh. Probably asked if it was him, and if it was have said, "The show's great. Keep up the good work." Nothing too exciting, but I'm not really the stalker type.