Pages

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Surrounded by sewage


Sorry I haven't written for a while. Thursday and Friday of last week were spent shooting a TV campaign which meant I was out of the office and getting home late. Apologies.

For anyone who doesn't know what it's like to be on set when filming something, allow me to enlighten you: it's boring.

Sure, there's lots of food and depending on where you're shooting, the location can be refreshing. Such was the case Thursday evening as we were shooting in a beautiful park. The Fall colors, cool, crisp air and the setting sun were all wonderful. It sure is good to get out of the office every once in a while.


Cut to the next morning. I'm sitting two stories underground in a sewage treatment facility surrounded by warm pipes that read "circulating sludge". To be fair, the room we were in really was quite clean. It was more the psychological affect of siting amongst huge pipes carrying my poop from yesterday that made me a bit uneasy. If there were ever a time when I didn't want an earthquake to hit, that would have been it.

We were asked to be on location at 9:00 am. Not problem. Remember how I said it was boring? We didn't start shooting anything until 11:15.

I did get a lot done in that amount of time though. I sorted through over a thousand pictures on my lappy and divided them into events. Then I went through my Address Book and added photos to the contacts who didn't have them yet. I also read a few articles in the latest issue of Wired. All in all, not a bad morning.