Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

IMAP on Gmail: I had a hunch - someone at Google told me...

Seriously.

Yesterday I got a cryptic e-mail from a mysterious person at Google asking if we could have a confidential conversation regarding my blog post.

YES.

Anyhoo, it turns out I got lucky. According to The Google Person I was one of four people over the last several months who caught onto their IMAP testing efforts and as a nice gesture, tipped me off to the fact that IMAP was just around the corner.

Boo-ya! Thanks Google Person!

I'm still not clear on a few things, namely how in the world Google Person discovered The Other Drummer and that I'd stumbled across that particular screen shot. Also, I'm still suspicious that other changes may be coming along soon: there weren't any visual/UI enhancements with the IMAP roll-out, despite the shiny new icons/layout of said login screen.

Something to keep an eye out for.


(It should be noted that now that it's released Google Person said I could go ahead and blog about it after it launched.)