Pages

Monday, October 02, 2006

Unsettled

In addition to General Conference, my sister in-law visiting from college for the first time since she left and getting my new iMac, we also moved this weekend.

It wasn't a "big move" per se. Not even a medicore-sized move. We went from a one-bedroom apartment to a two-bedroom apartment in the same complex. It was so close we were able to carry everything without loading up a car, which was kind of nice.

Unfortunatley, the crazy weekend slowed us down a bit and despite the short distance we had to move things, our posessions remain spread between the two apartments. All the important things are moved, but we haven't really had time to adjust to the new space.

Ideally, I like to move, get it all done, and then have some time to get used to things. It makes me a bit antsy to not be settled. (Although the more I think about it, the more it seems that the word "settled" should imply something negative. Almost like you're too complacent, and have become a fat blob. Settled like a bottle of salad dressing that's separated into it's individual ingredients. Ew.)

But I digress.

The new apartment has an extra bedroom, but not much additional square footage meaning everything actually feels smaller than the one bedroom apartment. We lost a lot of storage space and, as my wife noticed almost immediately, there is less space in the kitchen. Perhaps moving to a two-bedroom wasn't as much of an upgrade as we thought it would be.

Regardless, I look forward to going home tonight and getting settled.