Pages

Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Mural


This mural is on a parking garage near where I work. It's pretty much the most hideous thing I've ever seen, or that anybody has ever seen, including people who've met Joan Rivers.

Recently I was walking by and noticed some additions had been made. My hopes soared as I imagined someone painting something new over it. Alas, my hopes were dashed as I realized they weren't getting rid of it, but adding to it. Dang. The monstrosity was growing, enveloping space around it like a fat kid with a gift card to Krispy Kreme.

It looks as if we have these two women to blame. From what I can gather, they are raging liberal artists with poor taste in art. It also appears they may be the original artists, come back for more. Sort of a "Grudge 2" thing, but worse.

So here I sit, wondering what I can do to stop the furthering of this little project. Maybe if I stuck a post-it note on it that said, "This is really ugly, please stop," they would. Or maybe I should call the police and report it as vandalism. Ooo! I could encircle the site in electrified barbed wire and attack dogs. If you have any ideas, feel free to post them in the comments.