Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2006

A weekend in Wyoming

We drove up to Amy's grandma's in Wyoming. As we drove through northern Utah and (barely) into Wymoning, was amazed at the desolate landscape on which people decided to settle. It kind of makes me wonder why people live in the places they do. How did people get by back in the day before central heating, indoor plumbing and grocery stores? There is NOTHING out there. I think there was a creek or something in the town we were in, but that was about it. Oh yeah, and a Walmart, because you can't go anywhere without seeing one of those, no matter how small the town. In fact, this town is so small it has TWO Walmarts. Really. It does.

Wait. I was wrong. I was just told they sold the old Walmart when the built the Supercenter Walmart and turned it into a Western Wear store. I stand corrected.

Anyway, the weekend progressed nicely. It was very relaxing just being out of Salt Lake and doing...nothing. I read quite a bit, watched a movie and enjoyed hanging out with family and eating Grandma's cooking. (Pork roast. Oh yeah.) A good weekend overall.