Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Don't get left behind - please read carefully



It's been a while since I've fiddled with this blog. And I've got the itch once again.

I'm going to experiment with switching blogging platforms from Blogger to Posterous. In order to make sure you don't get left behind in the transition, here are some quick-n-easy things you can do to make the transition with me. (For many of you, it won't require you to do anything.)


Dear readers, here's all you need to do:

  1. Make sure you have bookmarked TheOtherDrummer.com NOT rathofbuns.blogspot.com.
  2. If you have subscribed via RSS (which you should) make sure you're subscribed to feeds.feedburner.com/theotherdrummer.
That's it. If you've done those two things it should be a seamless transition for you. Sometime in the next few days when you go to TheOtherDrummer.com it will look different and that's it. All my posts and tags will be switched over.

The only major downside (at this point) is that comments on all the posts will be staying here for the time being. I've been in touch with one of the founders of Posterous and he said the ability to import comments from Blogger is coming, but it will be a while. I'll be sure and import comments when the option becomes available. In the meantime, rathofbuns.blogspot.com will still be here should you get nostalgic and want to look back over the good times we've had.

The upside is that I think using the new platform will enable me to post (perhaps) shorter posts a bit more frequently - hopefully once a day. Also, it's a much cleaner design.

And, hey, if it doesn't work I can always switch back to Blogger and, as long as you've followed the two steps above, no harm done.

So... who's ready for me to make the jump? Let me know in the comments if you've done the two steps above. Any questions? Email me.

Thanks and see you on the flip side.