Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2007

I must be getting old, part 1

According to this CNET article, up-and-coming teen web entrepreneurs are essentially saying e-mail is only used by "corporations and old people". Social networking sites are the wave of the future as far as online communications go.

I must be getting old.

I get the whole social networking thing with meeting friends through other friends online. Great. No problem. The part I've never understood was the public messaging on MySpace and Facebook. I don't see the benefit. Why NOT e-mail?

I absolutely refuse to get a MySpace page for a number of reasons, first and foremost being that they're uglier than sin. As far as other social networking sites, I guess I'm just not that interested in meeting random friends of friends on the Internet. I'm married, have a kid, and already feel like I don't have enough time to do everything I want to do. Why would I spend time on sites like that hoping to meet new people?

Time to soak my dentures and apply a fresh coat of Just For Men - I think I see a gray hair.